Choose a detail You like and let it be the leit motiv of the event. Creativity and imagination are welcome, but don’t go too far… a little bit of formality is always tasteful.
Invitations are frequently very classic: white or ivory, with relief printing, borders, drawings. They include handwritten envelope (don’t use stickers! They’re terrible and always of a different colour of envelope’s paper) invitations to the ceremony and to the party. You will find a lot of models looking around in printing press, equipped stationery stores, even on internet. You will be surprised from the world You discover!
In choosing Your invitations You can decide for an announce from the couple, or from parents. Remember to take care of peculiar situations: for example if Yours or Your fiancé’s parents are dead, or divorced, remarried or widowed. Pay attention in writing names of addressees, in case they are single, couple, family with children.
What’s made of an invitation? Here is a list:
– save the date: announce date and place. Remeber Your guests to take note on their organizer. You can send it also a year before;
– invitation to ceremony: report date and time of celebration;
– invitation to party: invite Your guests to join the party after ceremony, usually in a different location;
– greeting card: thank and greet Your guests, with a printed formula card, enriched by an handwritten thought;
– extra: maps and itinerary, request of an answer (RSVP, in french: répondez s’il Vous plait), informations about allergy and intolerance, hotels’ suggestions.
The same style of invitations will be used for ceremony’s booklet, place cards, menu, tableau.
You must be logged in to post a comment.